Returning to my Google Reader after 2 weeks, I found among the 150+ unread blog posts a delightful award from Snagglewordz!
I met Snagglewordz during NaNoWriMo, and she is one of my must read writing bloggers. I know many of you have writing aspirations outside of blogging, so check her out. (Hey, she completed the 50,000 word novel in a month challenge that is NaNoWriMo.)
Besides showing other bloggers that you care about their work, this award allows you to share the love by linking back to the awarder and then recognize other bloggers’ efforts.
Before I get on with the rules, I must mention that I searched through my favorite bloggers (not the professional types) to see who had received this award and found to my horror that Dr. Fatty Finds Fitness had given this to me in September of 2010. I am beyond embarrassed, Ann. My only excuse is that I was on vacation in New Hampshire and did not see it, but dang it! Thank you for the award also!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you. Thanks again to Snagglewordz and Dr. Fatty Finds Fitness
- Add the Versatile Blogger Award pic on your blog post
- Share 7 random things about yourself
- Award 15 recently discovered blogs you enjoy reading
- Inform the bloggers of their award
Seven random things:
- The serial nail shellac ruined my nails! I think soaking in 100% acetone to remove the shellac made my nails weak. They have completely cracked. Boo hiss.
- I subscribed to the print version of the NY Times this month. I guess that free year online nabbed me as planned.
- Coffee at home is always made with a French press. Thus, my Gravatar – if you ever see it.
- I listen to archives of “This American Life” on my iPad most nights as I fall asleep. It usually takes 3 nights to hear an entire hour.
- My in-laws will be here in 24 hours.
- I lost another band size in my bra without losing any weight. What the heck? In the last 3 months (since replacement of tissue expanders), I have gone from a 38 to a 34. Of course the cup size is the same, silly. I have silicone implants.
- My favorite bra brand is Natori. The combination of pretty and the fit to my implants makes my chest feel normal. Thank you breast cancer for the breast lifts…
Now to pass on the award. As far as I can tell from archives, all of my usual bloggers have received this award except one – Pinkvision at Unveiling the Secret Garden. She has been a consistent supporter and commenter. Her blog demonstrates a rationale approach to health. Check her out!
Finally, Happy New Year to everyone! I am focusing my efforts on physical activity this year (and forever) while I shave off the last 15-20 pounds or whatever and head into maintenance. Here’s to health, family, friends, and the beauty in our world.